A private-sector led approach
to formalizing land rights.
Over one billion of the world’s poor lack the simple security of legally recognized land rights. The inability of the poor to gain formalized land rights remains a formidable barrier to economic progress and has paralyzed an estimated 9.3 trillion dollars of untapped capital globally.MEDEEM provides an innovative and affordable, private-sector driven solution to formalizing land rights for the world’s poor. MEDEEM’s mission is to bridge the legal empowerment gap between informal land holding and formal land registration. Overburdened and inefficient government land registries, coupled with the high cost of associated fees and surveys, makes the formal land titling process unaffordable and inaccessible to those at the base of the economic pyramid. MEDEEM addresses these long standing roadblocks to registration by bringing the process directly to its clients at a cost they can afford.
- Medeem to begin Geospatial Contract work for the Ministry of Local Government – Planning Division in the Choma and Mulufira Districts
- Medeem Appoints Peter Kanchima Lungu as Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- In partnership with the Ministry of Local Government, Medeem is developing tools to assist in the documentation and licensing of Marketeers
- Choolwe Namoobe Joins Medeem’s technology team as Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Officer
- Medeem Zambia to begin the process of upgrading five Informal Settlements