10 Reasons to Invest in Securing Land Rights for the Poor:
- Secure land rights positively impact local economies by promoting investment and economic growth.
- Secure land rights promote food security and increase food production.
- Formalizing property rights of the poor creates access to capital and the ability to build wealth.
- Formalizing land rights empowers communities to demand basic services from their government.
- Secure land rights are central to human dignity and promote social and political stability.
- Formalizing land rights of the poor improves global environmental stewardship.
- Formal land registration encourages governments to improve infrastructure by aiding tax collection.
- Secure land rights for women improves their access to credit , political inclusion and empowerment.
- Developing a legal framework for land tenure resolves local disputes and reduces conflict.
- Formalizing land rights for those at the bottom of the economic pyramid is the key to alleviating poverty in the developing world and essential for a peaceful and sustainable future.
MEDEEM is looking for qualified, compatible and responsible partners who share our vision.